Inspiron 1501: Base System Hardware-- where can I find the driver?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 1501: Base System Hardware-- where can I find the driver?

This question is not answered

Hi,

I was cleaning out old apps, and deleted something that had to do with drivers, but I have no idea what it can be. On Startup, the hardware wizard pops, identifying found new hardware: "Base System Hardware." Everything appears to work fine...

Mr. Wizard and I cannot find the driver. Any idea what this hardware might be, and where I can find the driver?

Thanks,

T-

All Replies
  • Did you look into Device Manager to see if everything is installed correctly?

• Yep-- no flags or warnings. It's sure annoying on startup...

• Hi

Go here and in the dropdown select your version of windows . then go to chipset then select Ricoh chipset driver aand install it .it is the base system device .

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=&SystemID=INS_PNT_1501

Jerry\c3po5

XPS 430 Ram 8 gigs Dell OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit  

Retail Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Full version 

Dimension 8400 Ram 4 gigs Retail  Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Retail Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Full version 

Dimension E 512 Ram 4 gigs Dell OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Inspiron 1501 Ram 4 gigs Dell OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Retail Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Full version on drive 2

• Normally this refers to a card reader, but I do not see one listed for your systems. Try going HERE scroll down and follow the steps in step # 3

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• Hey guys! I was having the same issue, downloaded the Ricoh Card Reader driver and its working!!! Thanks a lot! No more drivers missing!Big Smile