Getting the Dell 370 Bluetooth card working in Windows 7 x64

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Getting the Dell 370 Bluetooth card working in Windows 7 x64

This question is not answered

So, I've installed a fresh Windows 7 Pro x64 on my Inspiron Studio. It has a 370 Bluetooth mini-card in it.

For some reason, the bluetooth card doesn't show up in the device manager and I see no bluetooth icon in the lower-right of the screen.

What's strange is that I have a little USB Bluetooth dongle that I can plug in, and it is immediately detected by Windows, and then I will see it appear in the Device Manager and I also get a bluetooth icon in the lower-right of the screen.

What's stranger still is that, if I scan for bluetooth devices, the USB dongle sees the Dell 370 mini-card (through the airwaves, mind you... not through the wiring of the laptop. In fact, I'm sure that Windows thinks that the mini-card is in some other laptop which just happens to be within bluetooth range).

Does anybody know why Windows 7 isn't seeing the 370 mini-card, and how to fix it?

All Replies
  • Did you install drivers for the bluetooth card yourself, or did Windows 7 install drivers for it during installation?

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
    17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
    4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
    DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
    640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
    8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    Integrated 2MP Webcam
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
    TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
    4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

• you need to load the driver from the Drivers and download page for your system. If there is no win 7 driver use the Vista driver

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• I downloaded and installed the Dell 370 driver for Win 7 64bit for my Dell Studio XPS 1640 and it broke the webcam.  At least for my machine the drivers on the Dell site for Win 7 and the 370 card do not work.  This happened on a clean install with nothing else on the system.

I am looking elsewhere for drivers for this Broadcom chip.

Ed