Inspiron E1505 freezes up

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron E1505 freezes up

This question is not answered

I haev this Inspiron E1505 that freezes up every time I use it. It takes around an hour, sometimes even less. The only thing I can do is hold down the power button for about ten seconds to shut it off. Sometimes when I start it up, it's unresponsive, and instead of turning on, the num lock light lights up, and the caps and scroll lock keys flash on and off for a while. Then I have to unplug it to stop it. The other day when I tried to run the onboard diagnostics, I got a message like this on a blue screen.

Error Code 2000-0123

Msg: Memory test failed.

Adress 0_00284E00h, Actual = 20202000h, Expected = 20202020h, Location = DIMM_B

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

All Replies
  • That error message is telling you that test of the RAM in your system failed. Try re-seating them. Be sure to be properly grounded with a wrist strap when working with RAM.

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit / Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

• it had asked me to reseat the ram a little while ago. i did, and it didn't do anything to help.  i didn't know about using the grounding strap however. do you think the problem is that i need new ram? and if so, which chip of the two?

• The diagnostic software is telling you the location:

"Location = DIMM_B"

The slots should be labeled.  Pull DIMM_B and replace it.

• Go to www.crucial.com and run the memory configurator. You can get a 2gb kit farely cheap now adays. Installing in matching pairs is better support for dual channel memory which your computer supports.

Sam

Dell Chromebook 11, Alienware M11xR2

Forum Member since 2004

"If your issue was resolved, please click  Yes ".

• thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it.