Dell touch pad, Alps pointing device not working on start up.

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell touch pad, Alps pointing device not working on start up.

This question is not answered

Has anybody else had this problem? I have a Dell studio 1737 64-bit laptop upgraded to windows 7. I start my computer and the only thing not working is the mouse pointer. The pointer works but, the zoom and scroll doesn't. I downloaded the latest driver version 7.101.102.224 went to device manager and says the device is working, no conflicts. I went to msconfig and it's listed as one of the start up programs. And, yet the zoom and scroll is not woring. I made sure I installed the 64-bit version. I opened the file and clicked on the  Apoint file and a install window popped up and, I clicked on yes and, now the zoom and scroll works. When I restart my computer it doesn't show up in the system tray and the zoom and scroll doesn't work. Is the Dell touch pad and Alps pointing device 2  different programs that both have to run at start up and, if so how do I get the Alps pointing device to run at start up?

All Replies
  • I have this Problem too,,,No matter how many tyms i restrt the touchpad doesnt work,,,and i cant even access the software thru start menu...EM stuck with this problem,,Em vry much used to the persinalised gestures of alps touchpad..Confused

• Hi Puneeth,

You can uninstall touchpad application from ‘Programs and Features’ in ‘Control Panel’. To uninstall it, follow these steps:

• Click Windows ‘Start’ button.
    • Click ‘Control Panel’.
    • Click ‘Uninstall a Program’.
    • Look for Dell touchpad and Alps pointing device.
    • Right click it and click Uninstall.

Also, uninstall the touchpad drivers from ‘Device Manager’. You can follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click Windows ‘Start’ button and then click ‘Run’.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click ‘OK’.
    • Right click the touchpad driver and click Uninstall.
    • Check the box to delete the software when you get the prompt.

Now, restart the system and install the touchpad drivers from this link: http://bit.ly/13fSlRB

You may also go to 'Mouse' properties in ‘Control Panel’ and launch the Dell touch pad application to confirm that the zoom and scrolling gestures are enabled after re-installing the driver.

I hope this helps.
    Please revert for any further information.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here