Inspiron 1420 and Windows 7 Drivers

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 1420 and Windows 7 Drivers

This question is answered

I recently received my copy of Windows 7 and installed it on my computer.  I installed the 64 bit version so had to do a clean install.  My problem now however is I can't find a driver for my trackpad that will work and my speakers also do not work (if I have headphones in the sound is fine).  Am I just overlooking where compatible drivers are available?

thanks

Verified Answer
  • This touchpad driver from Dell works fine on my Inspiron 1720 that's running Win7 x64.

• Try THIS driver for your audio. It is listed as compatible with  32 and 64 bit Vista and a lot of Vista drivers work fine in 7

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

All Replies
  • This touchpad driver from Dell works fine on my Inspiron 1720 that's running Win7 x64.

• Thanks a lot for your reply!  I had trouble with the scrolling and middle-click functions on my Inspiron 1525 touchpad when I upgraded to Win7 64-bit.  Your link fixed those driver issues!

• Try THIS driver for your audio. It is listed as compatible with  32 and 64 bit Vista and a lot of Vista drivers work fine in 7

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card

Forum member since 2003

• Thanks to both of you.  Both drivers work just fine. 

• You are welcome. Glad to have helped

Forum member since 2003

• Hi guys. Thanks for the advice on the driver. All seemed to work fine on my E6400 running Win7 Pro until I resumed from sleep mode.  THe mouse just stopped working and the only option I had was a full reboot or oll back the driver to the default microsoft one.  Has anyone else experienced this and if so, have you found a fix for it?

• I also have an Inspiron 1420 and did a clean install of Windows 7 over a 32 bit Vista.  I've tried doing the download, but all I get is the download manager and then a message that says there is no download available and to go to device and downloads.  I have the soundblaster sound card which worked fine with Vista.  Any suggestions?

• Ooops  I had a different kind of sound card and managed to find a driver to download online.  Dell downloads did not work at all.