Inspiron 1525 diagnostic error codes?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 1525 diagnostic error codes?

This question has been answered by lisalisa65

I've had my inspiron 1525 1 year, 4 months, warranty expired.  I haven't changed or updated anything unusual, so I don't know why it won't reboot to Windows Vista, unless it's because of the hinges connecting the screen to the laptop.  During warranty, a tech fixed my computer, replacing something to control the overheating problems.  After that, the screen never closed correctly & over time, the plastic has broken & wires are now exposed.  I've run several diagnostics, which all show up on the screen, so I don't see how the broken hinges would keep Windows from working.  If I can see diagnostic results on the screen, does that mean the screen/hinges aren't the problem?   I've seen a few error codes, but I can't find the definition of the codes.  i'm scared it's a bad hard drive that has to be replaced.  The error codes I've found all seem to have  something to do with the SATA disk, which I don't understand!  the codes are 0F00:0244 and 0F00:075D. What should I do now?

Verified Answer
  • i disagree with your answer.  i was finally able to reboot into safe mode after I found the correct disc.  now it's working. but i'm having a hard time figuring out what happened so that it doesn't happen again.  You shouldn't have made such a generalized statement.  Was it just a quick answer for points?

All Replies
  • The hard drive has developed bad sectors and is failing - you need a new, 2.5" 9.5 mm SATA notebook drive.

• i disagree with your answer.  i was finally able to reboot into safe mode after I found the correct disc.  now it's working. but i'm having a hard time figuring out what happened so that it doesn't happen again.  You shouldn't have made such a generalized statement.  Was it just a quick answer for points?

• The error codes refer to bad sectors on the hard drive - you may have momentarily dodged the problem, but it'll be back - be sure you keep backups.

Next time, I hope someone else answers - your rude comment  ensures I won't bother.

• Since you seem to know about computers & hard drive failures, you should have answered with more information.  Your answer should have given me information about different things to try to get it to reboot into safe mode.  I agree, my comment was rude.  You should also see how your answer was flipant & unhelpful. 

• As above, make sure you have a current backup.  You will shortly need to replace the drive.