laptop keyboard keys fell off

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

laptop keyboard keys fell off

• two keys on my laptop came off and the s and the d.  it is ridiculos trying to type like this.  How can I secure them back on the keyboard where they belong?

• Depending on the style of keyboard you have, they may just be a push on fit and if loose a piece of paper or somthing similar may be enough to keep the keys on.  If not, the ultimate fix is to replace the keyboard.  If it's still in warranty call Dell support.  If not you will have to decide if you want to use the keyboard the way it is or buy a new keyboard from Dell.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Home Built PC with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 CPU,  Windows 7 64 bit Home/Win 8.1.  SSD drive.  Sonar X3c 64 bit Recordng Software.

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

•  I tried pushing.  Replacing the keyboard soumds like replacing the laptop.  Thank you for your response however.

• If you simply place the keys over the hinge and press down, and does not snap in place, then you most likely have a broken part on the back of the key cap or the hinge legs are broken.  Since you only have 2 bad keys, it makes alot more sense to spend $8-10 to buy laptop keys replacement, give that a shot.  Good luck.

• AZNNTOWL2 - Did you notice that this thread is about 9 months old? Maybe it will help another user.

Jeff

XPS 8100 i7-860(8MB Cache, 2.8GHz), 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333MHz, 750GB SATA 3.0GB/s 16MB Cache, nVidia GeForce GTS2401GB GDDR3, Dell ST2310 Full HD Widescreen Monitor, AverMedia G2 Combo hybrid TV Tuner, dual 16x DVD+/- RW dbl layer, Microsoft LifeCam Cinema HD, Running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. 

If your question is answered here on the forums; PLEASE post back! It may help another user.