problems with dell 1510 wireless WLAN mini card?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

problems with dell 1510 wireless WLAN mini card?

This question has suggested answer(s)

hi ive recently bought a studio laptop, im happy with the performance of the laptop as its really good.

however the wireless capabilitys that the 1510 mini card has seems to be totally rubbish, the only way i can get a good internet connection is by plugging in the ethernet cable from the modem to the laptop, but this leaves me with another problem as the internet wont work at all with the ac power adapter plugged in whilst the ethernet cable is in the port.

anyway id like to know has anyone else experienced problems with the 1510 wireless mini card? all the other laptops in my house work fine, my ps3 works well even my ipod touch has a better wireless connection that my new dell laptop,

anyone have any suggestions on how to configure the wireless card so it has a better connection? or would i be better off upgrading to a better wireless adapter?

cheers

Stubbsyuk

All Replies
  • stubbs,

I too am having issues with the 1510 mini card.

I just bought an Inspiron mini (10.1) and I will have web access for roughly 4-6 seconds then nothing.

This problem is especially noticeable at my fiancees house.

At my house the web is less sporadic, but sporadic nonetheless, I have directly plugged it in and tried several "remedies", so I'm chalking it up as a hardware issue. I will speak with Dell Support and see what they say and will get back to you.

• Hi, i did fix it and its working fine now,

you need to change the channel that you modem is broadcasting, mine was set at channel 1 so i changed it to channel 6 and now its fine

to do so you need to enter you ip address into the search box at the top of your browser eg: http://192.161.1.1

then it will bring up a box that you have to enter a user name and password, mine was: usename: admin password: admin, i guess these are the defalt

then when your logged into the modem options, i found the wireless lan option, then in the channel id, change the channel to whatever works better, the guy from dell changed mine to 11 but that also didnt work that well, so i changed it to 6 and it works perfect now,

plus all other devices such as my ps3, ipod, toshiba laptop wereunaffected by the change.

this of course is based on my talk talk modem which is a Huawei EchoLife HG520b

also if you phone up dell, they should be able to connect to your pc and help if needed, although beware, they tryed to get me to wipe my harddrive because my computer was "jumpy", it never occured to them that this was because the internet connection was bad!!

good luck

anymore question please ask

Stubbsy

• Hi, I had the same issue wih the same 1510 card and mini 10v netbook....changed my router to channel 11 and it works...however when i travel or goto a friends place I can not connect to their routers...any soloutions for that???

Is this just a horrible card or bad drivers?

• I MADE A GREAT DISCOVERY  IF ANYONE IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THERE 1510 WIRELESS CARD I FOUND THE SOLUTION.  THE DRIVERS FOR THIS LAPTOP THE M1340 ON THIS CARD ARE BAD.  IT LOOSES CONNECTION AND THE SPEED FLUCATES.  THE CARD IS A BROADCOM CARD WITH THE 4322 CHIPSET IT'S NO WHERE TO BE FOUND ON THE WEB EXECPT FOR HP AND IT'S THE SAME DRIVER.    HOWEVER I FOUND A SECRETE DELL HAS A DESKTOP WITH NVIDIA CHIPSET AND USES THE SAME CARD WITH THE SAME CHIPSET (4322)  IT'S FOR THE STUDIO 1909 DESKTOP THE DRIVER VERSON IS 5.10 79.7 9 A24-1  i've been holding steady at 130 mbps which is N draft (the 1515 I think can do 300)  (that card you get with the best buy laptop which was my first) BUT i CAN HONESTLY SAY I AM FUCTIONAL NOW. 

I've had this card as of now in my computer for 3 days and I have no problems now. Im able to stream video off n router, and go on public wi netwoks in local busiinesses I have no issue whats so ever

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WV64&osl=EN&catid=-1&impid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=STUDIO1909&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex

• Hi

that`s an interesting topic

b-cause I recently had to reinstall my OS.

Now I have some trouble with finding driver for Dell wireless 1510 wireless-N half-mini card

I`m using inspiron 1545 -and connect to Internet with a Ethernet  cable is pretty uncomfortable

there is no driver for my card on inst. CD

tech support didn`t help me a lot

my OS is Windows7, so drivers for Vista are not working.

So ,can somebody please help me with finding this driver for Win7

or at least windows xp

I would be really thankfull

cheers

• I have a Studio XPS M1640 notebook with the Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN card I can only get it to connect using G. I have a R wireless router and my friend has a R wireless router he connects to both using N. The Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN card is N capable right? 

Thanks for the help

• Yes. You see the 'N' in 5100 AGN?

• I have the same problem on my Dell Mini. I am able to connect to the wifi in my house but not anywhere else. Found any way to fix it??

• you sir, are a god among men... what a great find... I've been struggling with this problem for over 2 years now... wow... THANK YOU!