HELP! My mouse is frozen on my laptop Dell Inspiron E1505

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

HELP! My mouse is frozen on my laptop Dell Inspiron E1505

This question is not answered

I turned on my laptop today and it booted up but the mouse won't move and is stuck in the middle of my screen. I rebooted 10x at least and removed the battery. It is still not working. I can't do a think without the mouse! Please help me! I can't afford to take this in to get fixed and I'm past my warranty.

Is there a button that turns the mouse on and I cant see it?

All Replies
  • Try plugging in an external usb mouse. Did you try using the keyboard? Does that work? Try the Windows key, tab key and the arrow keys. See if you can navigate with those.

• I did put on a us mouse and it works but I can't type or use mouse!
  • I mean I can't use touch pad or key board
  • Well sorry to hear about the problem. And yes, if you send it in to have it worked on by Dell it will cost you a fortune! there service is a joke. My advice is dont put a dime in getting a Dell fixed and throw it in the trash and by something else like HP, Mac or anything but a Dell. I just called 2 weeks ago about getting mine worked on and they wanted almost $500.00 to put a new motherboard in my laptop. I threw it in the trash and just bought a HP thats 3 time the computer that the dell was for $499.00. The Dell was only 3 years old and you couldnt even get the tech team to even talk to you, so good luck if you have any problems on getting it fixed. Oh and if you have to call the tech team to ask them a question its $50.00 before they will even let you talk to a tech person and then there based in India and thats a big pain to. Well hope its something simple that you can fix yourself, good luck.  

• Have you tried reinstalling the touchpad drivers?

You can get the latest ones for your Inspiron E1505 from the 'Drivers & Downloads' page on the Dell website - a link to which you'll find at the bottom of this page - under 'Support'.

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
    17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
    4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
    DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
    640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
    8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    Integrated 2MP Webcam
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
    TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
    4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)