Biometric Fingerprint Scanner

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Biometric Fingerprint Scanner

This question is not answered

I recently bought myself an XPS M1330. I tried to scan my finger print so that i could make my laptop a little more secure. It took a while but once I figured out how to do it I was able to get a succesful scan every time. It took so long that by the time I finished with one finger I was a little tired of it. So I, not even thinking, only scanned one finger. Now when I go to scan more fingerprints and save them into the computer, I can get to the part where I have all of my fingers scanned succesfully, using my password. But when I finish it tells me I have to scan my original finger, and every time I try it fails and I know I am doing it exactly the same way. So what am I supposed to do and how am I supposed to be able to start over again?!?!? I have no idea what is wrong but I can't get it to succesfully scan my thumb.

All Replies
  • I just got the xps m1330 and I have had no success with it. I got it to read one time but it was not a clean scan. Mostly it just does nothing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks