Bluetooth will not activate - "Bluetooth is not ready" Error

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Bluetooth will not activate - "Bluetooth is not ready" Error

This question is not answered

I have a Dell XPS M140 with Bluetooth, but I am unable to start the Blue Tooth to connect devices.  I recently bought a mouse, which I cannot connect because of this issue.  I remember the Blue Tooth symbol turning blue before, but not it does not light up.  Whenever I try to run the Bluetooth Settings program I receive the error message, "Bluetooth is not ready."  I have tried to look up solutions, but nothing has worked so far.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this??

Thanks for the help

All Replies
  • Make sure the Bluetooth Service (in Services in Computer management or in Administrative Tools) is set on automatic, not disabled.

XPS M1530, Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit
    Inspiron E1705, Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit
    Dimension 9100, Windows 8.1 Pro 32 bit
    Inspiron 660, Windows 8.1 Home - 64 bit
    Compaq DX 4370G, Windows 8.1 Home - 64 bit
    Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 8.1 Home - 32 bit

• Thanks, I tried that and it worked.  It's now up and running.  I appreciate the help.

• hello,

I have the same issue with bluetooth starting. but I even do not have the bluetooth on the services list.

could somebody pls advise how to solve this?

many thanks.

• If BlueTooth is not listed in Services, then it is not installed. There should be a driver in the Drivers & Downloads section of the Dell User Support for your laptop that needs to be downloaded and installed.

XPS M1530, Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit
    Inspiron E1705, Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit
    Dimension 9100, Windows 8.1 Pro 32 bit
    Inspiron 660, Windows 8.1 Home - 64 bit
    Compaq DX 4370G, Windows 8.1 Home - 64 bit
    Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 8.1 Home - 32 bit