Inspiron 700m Video Driver

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Inspiron 700m Video Driver

This question is not answered

As the subject say, I have Inspiron 700m Laptop and also because of love, installing Windows 7 and the problem displays.

There is no Video Controller Driver for Windows 7 Or Vista and I don't know what to do now...

I please you by your help

Thanks

All Replies
  • Welcome to the forums Yes

Unfortunately, since Dell doesn't offer support for Vista on that laptop, you'll just have to Google to see if you can find any?

And since Dell only offer drivers for XP, I wish you the best of luck running the Windows 7 Beta!

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
    17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
    4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
    DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
    640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
    8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    Integrated 2MP Webcam
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
    TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
    4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

• Thanks Anyway

I found something in www.opendrivers.com

• Hello H.jaza,

Were you successful in getting drivers that work on the Windows 7 Beta. I myself am having the same problem but couldnt find anything on opendrivers yet. Could you please post your solution?

Thanks !

• Thanks learnp

At that time, I was in searching and found many solution and of course a few driver; But by testing, I got no answer.

Finally I got this solution which just set a few options and no Aero theme. Here is that:

1) downloading latest drivers (v14.19.50) for XP from Intel's site and extracting them to a separate folder
    2) booting W7 in the safe mode
    3) Device Manager -> Video Adapter (VGA compatible) -> Properties
    4) Driver -> Update driver -> Browse -> Let me pick -> Display adapters -> Have disk -> give path to "win2000" folder of the extracted driver
    5) After you get error about driver installation, in Device Manager click on "Scan for new hardware"
    6) Boot your W7 in "Disable driver signing enforcement" mode

Which I found it in Windows Seven Forum. Of couse this problem is in discuss in Microsoft Forum but there is no full solution.

For example some said that you must install Vista on your system, by DriverMax I think make a backup (Export) of your drivers and again install Seven and Import it from that. But because of nervus I prefer that above solution.

And also discussed that this Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME does not designed for Vista and so Beta and many many more...

• Hi, Jaza.

Thanks for your information about updating VGA driver for Window 7 for Dell 700m. I have followed your instruction. But afer last step, my compurter can not start. Window displays: "Initializing disk for crash dump. Beginning dump phisical memory..." Have you ever faced this problem? If you have already solved it successfully, could you tell me why and what I should do to fix it?

Thank you so much.