Keyboard back lighting doesn't work

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Keyboard back lighting doesn't work

This question is not answered

my Dell studio 1536 won't turn the keyboard back lighting on unless I do a full restart on Vista.  When I go in and out of hibernate mode, i loose the backlighting until the next time I do a full restart, and that takes a really long time to do everytime i turn the computer off...

Is there a fix or work around for this?

All Replies
  • Hi..

The backlight may go off after u keep the laptop in standby or hibernate for a while.. instead of restarting the comp just try this key combination to get the backlight back on.. "fn+right arrow" key on the keyboard.. it should work.. Smile

Regards,

Dithesh

• Hello to all,

I am new to the Dell community and also to being the owner of a dell laptop. I am having the same problem with my keyboard backlighting and was wondering that since I didn't buy my laptop from dell directly if I have this available on my comp. I purchased this laptop from walmart but have since then fell in love with the way dell does business and also the features and benefits that come with a dell computer.

If anyone could assist me with this info, I would be greatly aprreciated. Again, I am wondering if my comp comes equipped with this feature and why it isn't working if it does?

My laptop info is: Studio 1536/ x-86 based pc

Thanks,

-Smurf-

• Dithesh

Hi..

The backlight may go off after u keep the laptop in standby or hibernate for a while.. instead of restarting the comp just try this key combination to get the backlight back on.. "fn+right arrow" key on the keyboard.. it should work.. Smile

no such luck.  i've only ever seen the backlighting turn on once, since then.. nothing.. not even full reboots, so I'm starting to suspect I'm just imagining that I saw the backlighting on?

the dell website says this from my service tag:

TR324 Keyboard,86,United States English,Inspiron Lightweight Single Pointing

is that not backlit?  and  if it's not.. is it possible to purchase the backlit unit seperately?