Keyboard locked - Dell inspiron 6000

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Keyboard locked - Dell inspiron 6000

This question is not answered

Hi ,

Recently my dell laptop keyboard got locked. The light of lock with '9' is on. I couldn't able to turn off. As the keyboard is locker I couldn't able to move to safe mode or select the system to restore the last good configuration. Is there any solution of how I can unlock my keyboard.

All Replies
  • Hi, do you mean that when you press the Num Lk key (top right of keyboard) nothing happens, or do you mean you can't turn off the notebook? If you have been able to turn  off the notebook, can you try diagnostics? As you switch on, press the F12 key up and down.  Have you tried using a usb keyboard? Something else to try - you will need to download the manual on another computer.  Following the manual instructions, take apart the notebook as far as the keyboard, carefully remove the keyboard and reseat the plug that goes to the motherboard - you have to be very careful with this.  If you don't feel you can do this do you have a friend who is computer-savvy?If not I would recommend finding a local computer technician.   HTH