XPS m1530 webcam not working

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

XPS m1530 webcam not working

• Hi I have a dell XPS M1530 and have not been able to get the webcam to work. When ever I open the webcam manager and select a task such as the picture or video mode no image is diplayed. I can see that that the webcam is on but it shows a distorded image in purple and greeen color. It seems that the image is blured out. I have tried to chage the image resolution and still can not get the webcam to produce an image.

Please if you have any suggestion they are more than welcome.

Thanks!

• Hi, have you tried updating or reinstalling the webcam drivers?? you could download the drivers from support.dell.com and go to drivers and downloads... enter the service tag of the system and then look for the webcam driver on input devices, you may want to download the BIOS drivers as well and save it on your desktop just in case installing the webcam drivers doesnt work you can also install it afterwards... hope it fixes the problem =)
  • Hey Thanks for replying, I tried dowloading the driver but it still does not work. I'll take your suggestion of re-intalling the driver and see what happens. Once again thank you for your suggestions.