Dell D630 laptops not charging.

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell D630 laptops not charging.

• Is there any known issues with the D630 laptop batteries. Leave them on charge overnight and come in the next day and none of them have charged right. The battery test on the bottom has all green lights but the batteries are not charged. We got 1 of the 49 laptops battery replaced and it is charging fine now but the other 48 are still having problems.

Any ideas?

Forgot to add these are all new.

Message Edited by MichaelOwen on 06-09-2008 08:59 AM
  • New battery not working? I'd get that back to Dell ASAP.
  • What do you mean by the bottom has all green lights? If all 5 LEDs are lit when you pres the button, then it shouldn't be charging. It's fully charged already.

[View:http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q74/robin24k/cv_sig.jpg]

Dell Latitude D620, Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB Seagate Momentus 5400.4 HDD, 64MB Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG, DVD±RW, Windows Vista Ultimate w/ SP1

• When you press the test button on the bottom of the laptop all the lights come on. When you power up the laptops with the adapter still in they boot ok but when you take out the power adapter the laptop powers down. Then when you press the test again there are no lights.

I have charged them again overnight and they seem to be charging fine now.  A couple of them needed batteries reseated  so will monitor and see how it goes.

• You can also check the battery status in the BIOS.

The batteries in such new systems definately shouldn't be dying this quickly, so I'm inclined to believe that something else is causing this.

[View:http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q74/robin24k/cv_sig.jpg]

Dell Latitude D620, Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB Seagate Momentus 5400.4 HDD, 64MB Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG, DVD±RW, Windows Vista Ultimate w/ SP1