Latitude D630 "Biometric Coprocessor" Driver Missing

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Latitude D630 "Biometric Coprocessor" Driver Missing

• Hello Everyone,

I've had the chance to work with some D630s lately on Various windows Vista 32-bit Systems, on some of the laptops, I have encountered this missing driver called "Biometric Coprocessor", can anyone tell me what this device is, which driver it needs(I have dell CDs with many drivers, I might have it) and what is the importance of installing it?

• That sounds like the fingerprint reader. You can download the driver from http://support.dell.com. If you want to use the fingerprint reader, you need to have that and the software installed.

Dell Latitude D620, Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB Seagate Momentus 5400.4 HDD, 64MB Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG, DVD±RW, Windows Vista Ultimate w/ SP1

• Yes the driver is all compatible from the D420,D430,D620,D630 search their site for this file R154000 if you have trouble finding it let me know I have already downloaded.
  • It is not on their site and it doesnt acknowledge R154000 as existing anywhere I can find.  Can you send it to me?  <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

• UPEK TouchStrip Reader, v.1.9.2.74, A02

Wave Systems Corp EMBASSY Trust Suite, v.3.3.0.26, A04

• The Correct driver is R173506.exe.

I just installed this on a D620 and it works fine!

• I could use that drive if you still have it R154000, biometric finger scanner.

• you are correct, it worked perfectly, thanks!