XPS M1530 Bluetooth Application Software - Lost

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

XPS M1530 Bluetooth Application Software - Lost

• Folks,

In an effort to download the latest driver (XPS M1530 Bluetooth Driver Download R140135) from the Dell driver download website, I inadvertantly UNINSTALLED the Bluetooth APPLICATION software that used to show up in my Start\Program list.  When you download driver software, there is a Dell info box that shows up and tells you to UNINSTALL appropriate software; so I mindlessly, used Windows uninstall to uninstall my Bluetooth application software.  Anyway, the driver software downloaded OK. 

I vaguely remember seeing Bluetooth programs as a choice in my program list.  Before I start on an odessy to get the software back, is there anyone with an M1530 with Bluetooth that can have a look at their program list and tell me if there are any Bluetooth selections there and where in the list they show up?

Thanks,

RickM46

Message Edited by RickM46 on 03-08-2008 12:45 PM
  • I have WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 6.0.1.3100. Don't you have a Bluetooth CD coming with your laptop?

--

• Tijuane,

Thanks for giving me info regarding the Bios version and your experience with it!

Regarding my Bluetooth software, I got a number of CDs with my M1530 but none of them explicitely say they contain Bluetooth software; I did check one that was labelled 'Drivers and Utilities' and it didn't have Bluetooth on it. 

RickM46