Bluetooth not working on Latitude D630

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Bluetooth not working on Latitude D630

• I have a D630 running Vista Ultimate 32-bit with the Dell 360 bluetooth adapter. I don't know what is going on. The adapter is turned on in the BIOS, and the wireless switch is turned on. Device manager says it is working correctly...but it isn't.

The sys tray bluetooth icon is blue with the bluetooth symbol white. When I right click the icon in the sys tray I get the shortcut menu, but I don't have the option to "Turn bluetooth adapter on" or "Turn bluetooth adapter off". The bluetooth LED above the keyboard does not light up and therefore doesn't work even though Windows says the device is functioning properly.

When I go to Network Connections and right-click the adapter and select "Diagnose" I get the following message: "Windows found a problem that cannot be repaired automatically. Contact your Internet service provider or network administrator for help or click here for information about things you can try to help resolve the problem."

If anybody has any ideas pass them on.

• justbrickey, no help other than to let you know you are not alone. I too have a d630 and it is doing exactly the same. The only difference for me is that I am running Vista Business. I have found that in eventvwr the following error
    Log Name:      System
    Source:        BTHUSB
    Date:          26/09/2007 8:00:26 p.m.
    Event ID:      17
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      D630
    Description:
    The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.
  • What was great about this problem is that when I called Dell Wireless Support the tech told me that the blue light would only come on when I was paired with a device. The tech wouldn't even troubleshoot the fact that the bluetooth led light above the keyboard - the one beside the WiFi LED - wouldn't come on or that I don't have the option to "Turn off bluetooth adapter" or "Turn on bluetooth adapter". Tech support needs to read the DCSE manual for the D630 to review that theblue LED lights up as long as the adapter is enabled, not paired.
  • I have gold support cover on my machine, I will log a case with them soon, if anything of value comes out of it, I will let you know.
  • Hi justbrickey, Logged a case with Dell last week, the tech has just come around and replaced the bluetooth module and now everything is working correctly. Took him about 10 minutes all up to do so. Cheers