Memory Integrity Test Failed (1000-0123)

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Memory Integrity Test Failed (1000-0123)

• I have an Inspiron 9100 and occasionally get the blue screen of death. I ran the diagnostic utility and got the error code 1000-0123 memory integrity test failed. My computer is no longer under warranty. Does anyone know how to fix this or what part to order from Dell?
  • The first thing that I would check is to make sure that the memory modules are installed correctly. 

It sounds like the memory is just bad.  If it is the memory module, I would suggest going to Crucial, select your system and it will tell you which memory modules will work.

• There are 2 512mb modules. Is there any way to find out which one is bad, or is it just trial and error when i get the new module? Also, is there any way to confirm that the memory modules are what is causing the problems?
  • Take out one of the modules and then rerun the test.  Then remove that one and install the second module and then rerun the test again.

The results of that should give you a good idea of what is going on.

• In the Dell technical support section, I found this note:

"NOTE: This computer requires matched memory modules and therefore, it always has two identical memory modules. "

Does that mean they have to be identical in brand, size and model... or just identical size?

Thanks so much for all of your help!
  • Identical in size and speed/specifications.