Dell laptop blowing up!

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell laptop blowing up!

• Do not buy a dell!

They will blow up! 2 laptops have blown up in 3 months!

Get a HP!

• You know this for a fact? Was it *your* laptop? Or are you just repeating stuff you've heard on the net?

There are as many horror stories about HPs as there are about Dells. Both are good machines, but there are occasional problems.

The fact of the matter is: Doo-Doo Occurs. One takes a chance on everything.

So, how 'bout some details?

Be Well,

Julie

Founder, Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing (S.N.E.R.T.s)

My Workhorse: Vostro 1500 Core2 Duo T7500, 2 GB RAM- increased to 4 but only 3.75 or so showing...

Dual-Boot 03/29/09: WinXP Pro and Vista Ultimate Product Red

• You haven't seen anything until you've had to deal with HP/Compaq support ...
  • The fact that you're here says something. Why don't you post some specifics about *your* Dell that is giving you so much grief? There are some awfully smart folks here... Perhaps someone can help you.

Hey, it's worth a shot, right? I bet it'll do you more good than just posting about blow-ups and the like.

Be Well,

Julie

My Workhorse: Vostro 1500 Core2 Duo T7500, 2 GB RAM- increased to 4 but only 3.75 or so showing...

•  

I was just checking how many people have the same problem of dealing with insanely inefficient outsourced dell call centers; & boy there are multitudes.

I do agree with the "stay away" conclusion, mine too. & as I have been flounced, will contribute to spread information on their abysmal performance.

Cheers.

• "flounced"??

Main Entry:1flounce
    Pronunciation:*fla*n(t)s
    Function:intransitive verb
    Inflected Form:flounced ; flounc£ing
    Etymology:perhaps of Scandinavian origin; akin to Norwegian flunsa to hurry
    Date:1542

1 a : to move with exaggerated jerky or bouncy motions *flounced about the room, jerking her shoulders, gesticulating — Agatha Christie*; also : to move so as to draw attention to oneself *flounced into the lobby* b : to go with sudden determination *flounced out in a huff*
    2 : FLOUNDER, STRUGGLE

Be Well,

Julie