Touch Pad acting weird. help!

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Touch Pad acting weird. help!

• i notice every now and then that whenever i use the touchpad on my 6000, it automatically highlights wherever the pointer's at on the screen, the same thing that would happen if i press the leftclick button. it's as if the left click button has a mind of its own and decides what it wants when it wants. is this a defect of some kind? i know this is not normal. my notebook is well within the 14 days and has a warranty to get it fixed if needs be. or maybe, is there something i can change myself (i.e. control panel)? thanks in advance...
  • Go to control panel, other hardware devices, I think.

If you tap the touch pad, it is as if you hit the left button.  You can control the sensitivity including turning it off.  I have in Insprion 9300 but I assume the touch pad will work the same.

• I have the same problem with erratic touchpad movements my Inspiron 6000. Were you able to stop the malfunction using control panel settings, or have you learned anything else about it?
    Thanks
    RG Schultz

Spunjer wrote:
    i notice every now and then that whenever i use the touchpad on my 6000, it automatically highlights wherever the pointer's at on the screen, the same thing that would happen if i press the leftclick button. it's as if the left click button has a mind of its own and decides what it wants when it wants. is this a defect of some kind? i know this is not normal. my notebook is well within the 14 days and has a warranty to get it fixed if needs be. or maybe, is there something i can change myself (i.e. control panel)? thanks in advance...

racmmc2002 wrote:
    Go to control panel, other hardware devices, I think.
    If you tap the touch pad, it is as if you hit the left button. You can control the sensitivity including turning it off. I have in Insprion 9300 but I assume the touch pad will work the same.