Q. How to use "Drivers and Utilities" CD?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Q. How to use "Drivers and Utilities" CD?

• This CD came with my I-700m. It looks like it contains the drivers and system files for my particular system, but there are no instructions as to how to use it.

I started to run the setup but aborted at the initial message box. What would have happened if I had let it run? Would it:

1) Overwrite all the system files on my system without asking?
    2) Install some sort of front-end utility allowing inspection and maintenance of the current drivers and system files?
    3) Something else?

If I were to repartition and reformat my disk and do a clean reinstall of XP, where would this CD fit into the process?

Just curious.

Ed
  • The real question is why are you using that CD IF your system is running OK.
  • No, the real question is as stated in the first post, i.e., how to use the CD and what happens when running the setup.

I did not say I was having any problems with the system. I am simply curious.

Ed

• Ed700m wrote:
    No, the real question is as stated in the first post, i.e., how to use the CD and what happens when running the setup.

I did not say I was having any problems with the system. I am simply curious.

Ed

It brings up a program showing the drivers available for installation.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

With over 30,000 posts (through early 2007), Rickmktg hasn't bought a Dell computer since July 2005, but has bought two Lenovo laptops...   

http://www.rickmktg.com/delltalk.htm