Unknown PCI Device on "PCI Bus 3, device 1, function 2"

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Unknown PCI Device on "PCI Bus 3, device 1, function 2"

• I wish i could attach a picture of Device Manager....but i geuss i will have to explain it manually.

I just installed a RETAIL(not the Dell OEM) windows xp professional on my dell inspiron 6000. i deleted all teh Dell Utility Partitions(Yes i knew wut i was doin...i just didnt want gigs of space forwarded to Dell stuff).

I installed all the drivers i needed from the Dell Website but i still have this one left in my Device Manager.

When I right click and check properties.....it says...."PCI Bus 3, device 1, function 2" in the "Location" section.

could anyone enlighten me to what exactly is this location? i didnt install any new hardware. the video card works fine, so it cant be the video card. i just cant figure this out!!!

any help is appreciated!!!
    thnx
  • O and before u ask....YES i did install the Chipset(it was teh very first driver i installed and then the others). Infact let me show a list of all teh drivers I installed.....

Chipset
    Audio
    Video(these werent teh regular dell drivers. I got mine from omegadrivers)
    Network
    Wireless
    Modem
    Alps Glidepoint/Stickpoint Driver
    Quickset(still trying to figure out how to redirect the "Hold Play" to windows media player/Winamp or something else rather than Dell Media Experience since i didnt install DME)

thnx again
  • I use that 6000 myself with XP Pro and have not experienced the problem myself after reinstalling. Doing a quick search on the forums reveals that the rouge item is your SD reader/writer.

I have noted the absence of you installing the Dell Notebook System Software utility in the list of your installed drivers/software.
  • Can you tell what the "SD reader/writer" is exactly?  I've installed all of the drivers as well, including the Dell Notebook System thing, and I still have the same "PCI bus 3, device1, function 2" device with a big question mark on Device Manager.  Unlike the original poster I did not delete the Dell partition.  Any idea on what this device actually is and how I can fix it?

Message Edited by joeseph mama on 07-19-2005 05:34 PM