Dell XPS15 9560 charging status LED is blinking orange / white - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

Dell XPS15 9560 charging status LED is blinking orange / white

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell XPS15 9560 charging status LED is blinking orange / white

This question is not answered

hello all,

i have a problem with my XPS15 since receiving it. All is well, but sometimes the charging status LED is blinking with the following pattern: 

3 orange, 5 white, 3 orange, 3 white

Does anyone knows what it means? I already had a technician who visited and replaced the motherboard and battery, but the problem is still here.

On top of that, my idle temp is not dropping under 45 celsius, and CPU under load goes over 90 celsius. I'm pretty sure that is not normal, and i believe the technician who replaced the motherboard did a poor job repasting the CPU and GPU with thermal compound.

Can you please share what are your temperatures for this model (9560 i7 7700HQ) ?

All Replies
  • Wow, interesting.  Maybe the Logitech devices are a key to what's going wrong.  So far three of us have a Logitech device plugged in when it happens.

• As an update, this issue hasn't popped up on my laptop in about a month.  Maybe a driver/BIOS update fixed it?

• having the same issue on the 9560 with charging status LED  blinking 3 orange, 5 white, 3 orange, 3 white.  and I also have a logitech unifying device plug in.  I have the latest drivers/bios.  I will try to remove the logitech device and see what happens.

• I am having the same problem on my 9560. I have latest drivers/bios. The problem occurs when booting the system from a full shutdown state.

• Same thing! This has been happening since June roughly! Same exact model and make! Also, it happens randomly, not always and definitely only when booting from the battery! Never from ac as that will fix the booting.