Dell XPS 13 9365 Loud Beep Issue - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

Dell XPS 13 9365 Loud Beep Issue

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell XPS 13 9365 Loud Beep Issue

This question is not answered

Hi All,

I've had an XPS 13 2 in 1 for a few weeks now and every so often (a few times a day) it makes a loud beep for a half second. I cant tell if it is coming from the speakers or from something else in the system, but its extremely loud and sharp no matter what the volume setting is at. This isnt the coil whine issue, which I do hear sometimes when the computer is plugged in but it doesn't really bother me. Has anybody else had this issue with their XPS 9365? Is there some way to fix it?

All Replies
  • The more info we can gather will help.  Keep in mind, for me, when playing music it sounds like some of it originate from under the keyboard.  Probably just the stereo from the visible speakers but it might fool your ears...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720,Inspiron 17 7779, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, Inspiron 600m, TB16 Dock

• Same issue here. its annoying af

• I agree - it's really annoying and I am now trying to get a replacement instead of having to return and initiate a new ordering process.

Does anyone have any valid response from the support yet? I don't have the time to sit in front of the computer for hours recording the sound or testing whether it does not appear when booting in safe mode. Anyone of you already did the exercise and got a valid response from Dell?

• My motherboard has been replaced and it occurred again after. The system is being serviced again.

• T1mbob, since you seem to be having the situation quite often, have you verified muting the speakers has no effect?

My best guess is still something around the SD card reader..

Dell is advertising these things quite often on TV.  Luckily, mine only happens once in a while.  I have another problem where the touchscreen will not turn the display back on more than 5 seconds after it goes off.  Not a good situation for a 2 in 1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720,Inspiron 17 7779, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, Inspiron 600m, TB16 Dock

• Hi all, I have exactly the same problem. This occurred when the speakers were muted and even when the lid was closed (and had been closed for a while). I am now away from the U.S. so sending this back to get looked at would be a real pain. I am hoping there will be fix somewhere out there that can be dealt with remotely!

• It is not happening so often tbh. I was just annoyed that a new and expensive product show such an issues and Dell is not responding at all. It hasn't happend for a while now. According to Dell Germany I am the only one with such a problem/request. Returning the whole order and ordering new is really a pain for me - so I will stick with it for now. As we have quite a number of people here complaining and also a high hit rate in this post I would expect to get at least some sort of response that we are heard from Dell.

• I just got the i7/16gb/512 version. I've heard it several times. Mostly during the first day of full usage. It's very loud and annoying -- almost startling.