XPS M1530 Black Screen

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

XPS M1530 Black Screen

This question is not answered

I have a XPS M1530 which up until weds worked fine, but after updating the Nvidia drivers it is just coming up with a gray screen which then turns black , then slowly turns to mottled blue , then flashes through red, green and blue...any help would be appreciated..

All Replies
  • Hi W1nterisgr8,

I recommend you to connect an external monitor and check if there is display on the external monitor. Also check if there is display in safe mode. To go to ‘Safe Mode’ restart the system and at the Dell logo tap the F8 key every two seconds. In the ‘Advanced Boot options’ window using arrow keys, select ‘Safe Mode’ and hit enter.

I also request you to run a test on the display. This test will help in diagnosing if the issue is with the LCD panel or with the controller. If the colors are displayed across the screen without a problem then the issue lies outside of the LCD.

To test the display shut the system down, next press and hold the letter ‘D’ on the keyboard and press the power button. This will initiate diagnostics on the display. Check the status of the display and please revert.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sujatha K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.