Windows 8 Drivers Support for Dell Inspiron 14R (N4010)

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Windows 8 Drivers Support for Dell Inspiron 14R (N4010)

This question is not answered

Hi there,

It is really very sad to see that there is no drivers support for Windows 8 Drivers Support for Dell Inspiron 14R (N4010). My configuration is Intel i5, 320 GD HDD, 4 GB RAM and when i upgraded to windows 8, i got to know that Dell does no support. I have no words but now i can only wish that i should have gone for other brands. Seriously, i was very proud follower of dell but now i am disappointed. Sad Disappointed...huh...looks like i just wasted money buying dell and now buying windows 8..... :( Please help, if there is any drivers support available for windows 8....

Thanks,
Vikrant

All Replies
  • Hello Seevikrant,

We truly regret the inconvenience caused. Perhaps I would have also felt the same way had I been facing the same problem. Dell Inspiron N4010 was never tested with Windows 8 and is not recommended for upgrade to Windows 8 by Dell. Hence the drivers for windows 8 are unavailable in Dell Support Site. However, Windows 8 has the capability of installing the generic drivers but for few drivers we may have to look into the manufacturer website of the hardware component.

For more details, see Dell Computer Support for Windows 8 Upgrade.

You may also try installing the Windows 7 drivers for the system in compatibility mode and check if it works. Please following steps to install the driver using the compatibility mode:

1. Select the “Setup” file in file explorer and  click on Application, Troubleshoot Compatibility.
    2. Click on “Troubleshoot program.”
    3. Select the “The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now” option and click “Next”.
    4. Select “Windows 7” on the next page and click “Next”.
    5. Click on “Start the Program”, but do not hit “Next” until the install completes.
    6. Click “Next” when the installation completes.

In case you find any difficult in installing any drivers, please let me know. I will check what best can be done.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

• I am using INSPIRON N4010 with i3 processor, 320gb hdd and 3gb ram

Ihave installed windows 8.1 on my laptop. But i cannot use my bluetooth, wifi hotspot,etc properly

Can you help me to resolve the problem?