Dell System Detect

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell System Detect

This question is answered

Just went on Dell's Support site to check for new driver updates.

I used the "Analyse System for Updates" button as I usually do (last used ok about a week ago)...which initializes the "Dell System Detect" software. However, on this occasion it downloaded a new version of the software. It installed fine but now I get this:-

We're sorry
 Your product is not currently supported by the Dell Driver Analyze Utility.
to return to the Drivers & Downloads page.
Verified Answer
  • Hi unununium,

Sorry for the inconvenience. There is some maintenance going on in this feature currently. Please provide me the system model and the hardware driver you are looking for so that I can provide you an update for your system.  

#iwork4Dell
    Order Status : http://dell.to/1fgKSTr
    Download Drivers : http://dell.to/1hcxG98

All Replies
  • probably need to flash bios and re-install windows if you want to keep computer and seller lost admin info. I would replace the HD as well you never know if this guy was into something illegal.

• I'm having a similar problem.

I go into 'My Dell' icon/Drivers and Downloads/Analyse System for Updates/ and after a few minutes I get back a message saying 'We're sorry, we are unable to analyze your system'.

Is there a solution to this problem?

I also tried 'My Dell' icon/Drivers and Downloads/Additional Product Support/System Configuration/Current Configuration/Analyse System/ and I got back the message 'We're sorry, we encountered a problem and were unable to complete the system configuration detection.'

Is there a solution to this problem?

I have a DELL Inspiron 7720.

When will the maintenance be finished?

Thank you.

• I have also been experiencing a similar problem (among others) with Dell System Detect. Long story short, my wireless has been inexplicably disconnecting and freezing on me, requiring a restart to correct. I assumed this was a driver issue. When I attempted to update Dell System Detect from the Support site, ever since I downloaded the new version it has failed to run properly (Inspiron 3521 running Windows 8 64-bit). I am almost certain it is a problem with the latest update of Dell System Detect functioning only in 32-bit.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

• Bonjour

Idem pour moi, même problème.

Nous sommes désolés
     Nous sommes désolés, nous n'avons pas été en mesure d'analyser votre système. Veuillez revenir à laPage d’accueil Pilotes.
    Impossible de faire des mises à jour.
    Merci pour votre aide.
    Cordialement
    Celine
  • Oupsss ça fonctionne en passant par "my dell" obtenir des pilotes et des téléchargements.

Céline

• Install Dell System Detect before you analize the system.... download here:

http://downloads.dell.com/tools/dellsystemdetect/dellsystemdetect.application

• Hi.

Have you tried this?

What does it do?

Are you a Dell employee?

Thanks.

• Im not a dell employee....this allows you to use Dell PC Diagnostics scans....I did a full scan takes about 1 hour and gives you a full report on the condition of your hardware. Thanks

• This link takes me to a file with an illegal file extension.  I.E. "dellsystemdetect.application"  It will not run due to the improper extension.  Why"

• Never mind--stupid Dell assumed everyone would have .Net installed.

• Working old Latitude D610 with weird windows update problems so tried running Dell Diags which require the DSD app to be running.  I think this old machine is heading for the heap.  XP is flaky and the SVCHost for the update process grabs 99% and sits there forever unless you kill it. UGH!

• Yeah, please help for the downloading of the DSD. Somewhat I could not download from Dell website. Thank you!

• I am having a similar problem the problem I am having is this one

We're sorry
     We're sorry, we were unable to analyze your system. Please return to the Drivers Home Return to
    I have manually downloaded the  DSD but that did not help ether,
    Many thanks for any help  /information.