Dell System Detect

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell System Detect

This question is answered

Just went on Dell's Support site to check for new driver updates.

I used the "Analyse System for Updates" button as I usually do (last used ok about a week ago)...which initializes the "Dell System Detect" software. However, on this occasion it downloaded a new version of the software. It installed fine but now I get this:-

We're sorry
 Your product is not currently supported by the Dell Driver Analyze Utility.
to return to the Drivers & Downloads page.
Verified Answer
  • Hi unununium,

Sorry for the inconvenience. There is some maintenance going on in this feature currently. Please provide me the system model and the hardware driver you are looking for so that I can provide you an update for your system.  

Thanks and Regards,
    Ravi Chandra BC
    Social Media and Community Professional
    Order Status : http://dell.to/1fgKSTr
    Download Drivers : http://dell.to/1hcxG98

All Replies
  • probably need to flash bios and re-install windows if you want to keep computer and seller lost admin info. I would replace the HD as well you never know if this guy was into something illegal.

• I'm having a similar problem.

I go into 'My Dell' icon/Drivers and Downloads/Analyse System for Updates/ and after a few minutes I get back a message saying 'We're sorry, we are unable to analyze your system'.

Is there a solution to this problem?

I also tried 'My Dell' icon/Drivers and Downloads/Additional Product Support/System Configuration/Current Configuration/Analyse System/ and I got back the message 'We're sorry, we encountered a problem and were unable to complete the system configuration detection.'

Is there a solution to this problem?

I have a DELL Inspiron 7720.

When will the maintenance be finished?

Thank you.

• I have also been experiencing a similar problem (among others) with Dell System Detect. Long story short, my wireless has been inexplicably disconnecting and freezing on me, requiring a restart to correct. I assumed this was a driver issue. When I attempted to update Dell System Detect from the Support site, ever since I downloaded the new version it has failed to run properly (Inspiron 3521 running Windows 8 64-bit). I am almost certain it is a problem with the latest update of Dell System Detect functioning only in 32-bit.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

• Bonjour

Idem pour moi, même problème.

Nous sommes désolés
     Nous sommes désolés, nous n'avons pas été en mesure d'analyser votre système. Veuillez revenir à laPage d’accueil Pilotes.
    Impossible de faire des mises à jour.
    Merci pour votre aide.
    Cordialement
    Celine
  • Oupsss ça fonctionne en passant par "my dell" obtenir des pilotes et des téléchargements.

Céline

• Install Dell System Detect before you analize the system.... download here:

http://downloads.dell.com/tools/dellsystemdetect/dellsystemdetect.application

• Hi.

Have you tried this?

What does it do?

Are you a Dell employee?

Thanks.

• Im not a dell employee....this allows you to use Dell PC Diagnostics scans....I did a full scan takes about 1 hour and gives you a full report on the condition of your hardware. Thanks

• This link takes me to a file with an illegal file extension.  I.E. "dellsystemdetect.application"  It will not run due to the improper extension.  Why"

• Never mind--stupid Dell assumed everyone would have .Net installed.

• Working old Latitude D610 with weird windows update problems so tried running Dell Diags which require the DSD app to be running.  I think this old machine is heading for the heap.  XP is flaky and the SVCHost for the update process grabs 99% and sits there forever unless you kill it. UGH!

• Yeah, please help for the downloading of the DSD. Somewhat I could not download from Dell website. Thank you!

• I am having a similar problem the problem I am having is this one

We're sorry
     We're sorry, we were unable to analyze your system. Please return to the Drivers Home Return to
    I have manually downloaded the  DSD but that did not help ether,
    Many thanks for any help  /information.