Latitude D630 Keyboard not working

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Latitude D630 Keyboard not working

This question is not answered

Hi

I reinstalled Windows XP (SP3)  in my Latitude D630 laptop. After the installation I found that 6-7 keys are not working. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling keyboard drivers. Nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

All Replies
  • Hello MaitraS,

There are couple of steps I would suggest that might help us in resolving the issue:

1. Check in Safe Mode if the keys are working fine.
    -- Restart the computer.
    -- Keep tapping F8 key on the Dell logo Screen.
    -- The computer goes to Advanced boot Options.
    -- Select Safe Mode.
    -- Press Enter.
    Check in safe mode if the keys are working fine. Being in safe mode, follow the step 2.

2. Check in Command Prompt.
    -- Click Start.
    -- In Search program and files tab type in cmd.
    -- Press Enter.
    -- Check in the Window if the keys are working fine.

Please try the steps and write back with results, would be glad to assist you further. 

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

• Hi Allan,

Thanks for your suggestions. I started the computer in the safe mode (step 1). The keys are not working in the safe mode or in the command prompt (step 2).

Regards,

• Could be a loose connection between the laptop keyboard and the mainboard. Have you tried reseating it? Also does a USB keyboard work correctly?

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• A USB keyboard works alright. I have not tried reseating the keyboard yet.

• October 10, 2013

Dell-Allan D:

Working with a refurb Dell Latitude D630 belonging to a friend.  Cannot type the vowels 'e,' 'i,' 'o,' or 'u,' and maybe some consonants as well.  As result, in safe mode, where I need a command, i can't type it to determine whether the keys work.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Thunder Finder  thunderfinder@gmail.com