I have a Dell INSPIRON 14Z that comes with pre-installed windows 7. The laptop has the recovery partition and i would like to restore it to factory settings. kindly provide me with the keystrokes for restoring the laptop to factory settings.
Just wanted to check if the PC restore was successful. Please reply for any further queries.
Thanks & Regards,Dell_Abhishek_B#IworkforDellTo learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here
PC Restore steps for Windows7 (PC restore is done from a image saved in partition in the hard drive. If you have tried an operating system installation previously, PC restore may not work.)
Note: Restoring the original factory image erases ALL existing data. This includes files, folders, programs, drivers, E-mails, photos. Before performing a PC Restore, back up all personal files. If you do not back up your personal files, the data will be lost.
1. Turn on the Computer and start pressing the “F8” Key on the first Dell logo. Keep on pressing the “F8” key on first Dell screen until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
2. Highlight "Repair Your Computer" and hit enter.
3. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
4. Enter your Password and click ok.
5. On Choose a Recover Tool Window
Select: Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup
6. You Get:
7. Select: Select other System Backup and more options
8. Select: Restore my computer.
9. Confirm the restore and continue.
10. Select: Factory Image restore
11. Choose Restore without preserving new or changed files and click on Next.
12. Click on Continue.
13. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received. You can also check the link below for more information on PC restore.
Please reply for any further questions.
Hi Abhishek B,
It worked Well. Thanks for the information.
my laptop is not starting after windows starting page appeared ............please make me to find a solution to it