What monitors can I use with my Dell Precision M6700?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

What monitors can I use with my Dell Precision M6700?

This question is answered

Hi all,

I have a Dell Precision M6700 and I wanted to use a docking station:

(http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&sku=452-11512&~ck=baynoteSearch&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0)

Can anyone tell me what the max resolution the Nvidia K3000M can support?  Would I be able to use 2 or 3 1920x1200 Dell Monitors?

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

Verified Answer
  • Rob

You should easily be able to set up two displays to the docking station and likely still have a display on the built in LCD if you wish.  You may be able to use more displays especially if you use display port connections.

Here is a link to a YouTube that discusses hooking up multiple monitors on a Precision,  It may be of some help.

TB

All Replies
  • Rob

You should easily be able to set up two displays to the docking station and likely still have a display on the built in LCD if you wish.  You may be able to use more displays especially if you use display port connections.

Here is a link to a YouTube that discusses hooking up multiple monitors on a Precision,  It may be of some help.

TB

• According to open source research, the K3000M can support up to 4 monitors or a single monitor at 3840 x 2160 resolution.  I'm going to look at trying to hook up two 1920 x 1200 monitors at first and will report back for more information.

• I own an M6500 with the ATI FirePro 7820 graphics and have successfully connected 2 monitors (plus the built-in LED).

All 3 run at 1900x1200, and I bought the Asus PA248Q, pre-calibrated from factory for photography (decent for gaming).

I found a refurbished Dell docking station at a local MicroCenter (the one with dual DVI and dual DisplayPort). I have tried both ports DVI and DisplayPort successfully.

Cheers

• This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.