VLC And Waarranty

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

VLC And Waarranty

This question is not answered

will use of vlc media player in dell laptop avoid warranty ?

Am using Inspiron 5110.Having 3 year complete cover protection.

My one speaker is not working properly.When i contacted dell customer care  they said use of vlc  cancel the warranty.

What am i supposed to do ?

All Replies
  • Hello,

Using of VLC Media Player does not void the warranty.
    The computer would continue to have the same warranty for 3 years with complete care protection.
    Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

• The customer care executive is telling  that issue with my speaker wont be covered under warranty because it got damaged because of the use of VLC player. Will my issue with the speakers get resolved under warranty ?

Please help.

• Hi,

If the computer has an active warranty, I’d request you to private message me the system service tag number. To private message, click on my user name and click start conversation. 
    I’d be glad to assist you further and let you know the next course of action.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

• Its my system service tag number <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Express service code <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>

• Hi Vrnithinkumar,

I would request you not to put any personal details on the forum to secure your confidential information.
    I am sending you a private message request, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. 
    We would take this issue forward in the private message.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell

• Actually i sent you the details..

and no reply from you...

then what should i do ??

• No reply....

• Why No reply ??

I had sent all details you asked and no further reply from your side ???

• Hi, 

I have got you message, I would be responding on the private message.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell

• Hi Nithin,

I have send you a private message, please reply to it. Awaiting yuor response!

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell