Dell E6410 - Webcam - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

Dell E6410 - Webcam

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell E6410 - Webcam

This question is not answered

Webcam no longer working

Used for skype and scopos video conferencing

no longer reconginsed, downloaded drivers etc but cannot install as says hardware doesn't exist

All Replies
  • Hi,

Have you made any hardware or software changes on your system?
    I recommend you to check the status of the drivers in Device Manager. Please follow the steps below:

1. Click Start
    2. Click Control Panel
    3. Click Hardware and Sound
    4. Under Imaging Devices, double click USB Webcam. It should have a yellow bang next to it.
    5. Click the Driver tab at the top.
    6. Click Roll Back Driver

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
    Priyanka S
    #iworkfordell

• rw1204,

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

• nah, i's not there, nothing relating to a webcam is in devices, or anywhere for that matter

• Hi,

Since there are no webcam drivers in Device Manager, I would recommend you to download it from Dell’s support site.
    You can use the link http://dell.to/OUvq8A  > under the Input section download the Webcam drivers.

Once, the drivers are installed, you will have to install the Dell Webcam Central software. Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Dell’s Support Website:  http://dell.to/9Bx54 
    2. Click “My Account in the upper right corner and sign in with your Dell My Account in the popup box appears on the screen. 
    3. Under the “My Software section on the right side of the page, click "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)"
    4. Click the checkbox that agrees to the “Terms and Conditions of the My Dell Downloadswebsite and click “Register System at the bottom of the page.
    5. At the “My Download Locker” page, select your computer and download “Dell Webcam Central Software”.
    6. In the “Title section, look for “Dell Webcam Central Software”.
    7. Select the latest version number in the “Version column. Click the checkbox under the” Download column for this software, and at the bottom of the page click “Download now
    8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. 
    9. Once the Dell Webcam Software is installed restart the computer.
    10. Once restarted check if it’s working.

Please reply with the results. 

Thanks and Regards
    Priyanka S
    #iworkfordell