Quickset64

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Quickset64

This question is not answered

I have a studio1745.It went thru a repair last week.After this the volumne graph and eject  button quit working.I can still go to Roxio burn and eject.

After some browsing on the subject i concluded i needed to reinstall Quckset64.i went to dell support and found a version for windows 7 64 bit.When i try to inxtall it comes up with this is not a supported system.On the way out of the failed installation it says something about the system has not been modified.

Thanks for any help ,Tom

All Replies
  • Tom,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Rick i did not install the complete system only this that i recieved in the download

thanks Tom

• Tom,

You should be able to right click on the setup.exe, then left click run as administrator. It should install with no problems.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!