Loud Beeping Sound on Dell Inspiron M5030

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Loud Beeping Sound on Dell Inspiron M5030

This question is not answered

Hello,

When I turn the power on my laptop. It doesn't do anything, but make this very loud beeping sound. Can you tell me what is the issue and how can I get this issue resolved.

Thank You,

Tanisha Lindsey

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per peivacy policy>

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the community

Please feel free to add me as a friend and send me the service tag of the computer so I can pull up the account to further assist you. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• Hello, thank you. The service tag number is: <Admin Note:service tag removed per privacy policy~RK>.

• hi i have the same problem with my laptop.dell inspiron m5030 service tag- <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

• Hi agie,

With regards to the beep sound, I request you for some more information. Please restart the system if it is already on. Listen carefully to the beep codes when the computer starts. Please pay close attention to the number of beeps. There is a big difference between a “beep-beep-beep” beep code and a “”beep-beep” beep code. This is all important information that will help us determine what issue the beep codes are representing. Restart your computer if you need to hear the beep again.

Always use private message to send the system service tag if required.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sujatha K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

• hi my laptop beeps continuously and wont stop beeping unless you take out the battery. 

• Hi agie,

I need some more information with regard to this. I would like to know if the system turns on and works fine, once you remove the battery. I also would like to know if the system works even while there is beep sound. Please reply to this.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sujatha K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

• the system is not working nothings coming out on the screen all black and it doesn't  boot at all it just beeps continuously..

• this means your computer is dead and dell will not fix it......i have exactly same problem and reading through google so have 1000s of other people..this computer should be recalled and sorted..

• Hi agie,

Since the warranty on the system has expired, I suggest that you contact the out of warranty department to get the system repaired.  Click on the link below for contact information:

http://dell.to/1yHPrp

Thanks and Regards,
    Sujatha K
    #iworkfordell

• Service tag (s/n) <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

• Service tag (s/n) <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

This was my first laptop ever so I buy  Dell from QVC and it has been the worst experience ever!!! Before I even had this computer a year the Mother Board dies Dell replaces and it  comes back without Word or Excel which is why I bought it . It's  never had a virus or  been dropped. Now It's not even 2 years old and  it's not even working. Your company speaks so highly of this brand and  I bought a piece of crap. Can this computer be fixed or is it DEAD!!!

• I am having the identical problem. My laptop is about 2 years old. I will never buy another Dell product.
  • Hi cbenne23,

I am sorry for the inconvenience; The 7 beep code indicates that there is a processor/motherboard failure.  Try releasing the static power and check the system is working. Follow the steps below.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess static power. In case the problem persists please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further.

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details.

Thanks and regards,
    Senthil S
    #iworkfordell.