hot keys of dell vostro 3550 not working

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

hot keys of dell vostro 3550 not working

This question is answered

i recently bought dell VOSTRO 3550. but among the three hot keys at the top right corner of the laptop only one key works which is settings( brightness, volume etc) key. the rest two when pressed just glows and does nothing. please help.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Ynb Sk,

Welcome to the Community,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Dell Quickset application.You can uninstall it from Control Panel,Programs and Features.After uninstalling reboot the system and download and reinstall it from the link below :

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Let me know if this helps,

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• You're welcome.Glad its working now.

• Hi Ynb Sk,

To fix the issue with Touch pad settings,try uninstalling and reinstalling the Touchpad driver.

For uninstalling go to Control Pane,System,Hardware,Device Manager,expand Mouse and pointing Device,Right click on Dell/Alps Touchpad,click Uninstall,put check mark for delete driver software(if you get that option),click OK.

Reboot the system,download and reinstall the driver from the link below :

Reboot the system and try adjusting  the settings on Touchpad.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

All Replies
  • Hi Ynb Sk,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Dell Quickset application.You can uninstall it from Control Panel,Programs and Features.After uninstalling reboot the system and download and reinstall it from the link below :

Let me know if this helps,

Thank You

• turns out that dell quickset application was not installed..  now problem solved. great help. thank you

• You're welcome.Glad its working now.

• my touchpad settings also doesnot work. when i click the touchpad settings and scroll zoom settings nothing happens. Can you please once again help me with this?

• Hi Ynb Sk,

To fix the issue with Touch pad settings,try uninstalling and reinstalling the Touchpad driver.

For uninstalling go to Control Pane,System,Hardware,Device Manager,expand Mouse and pointing Device,Right click on Dell/Alps Touchpad,click Uninstall,put check mark for delete driver software(if you get that option),click OK.

Reboot the system,download and reinstall the driver from the link below :

Reboot the system and try adjusting  the settings on Touchpad.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

• sir ,

iam unable to set my brightness all keys are working with fn key but i unable to low the brightness of my dell vostro3550.. this problem occured after installing windows7 64bit please help me sir

• Hi  naveen8,

After reinstalling Windows did you reinstall the drivers in the correct order? If the drivers are not installed in the correct order some functions may not work correctly on the system

Refer to this link below for correct order of installing drivers : support.dell.com/.../document

Check if you're able to adjust screen brightness from Windows Mobility Center(can be accessed from Control Panel or by pressing the first quick launch button from the left). Also check the settings for Fn key behaviour on the same screen.

If you don't have the Dell Quickset Utility installed use this link below to install it:

www.dell.com/.../vostro-3550

Let me know if you need more help.

Thank You

• hi Roshan

i also have a dell vastro 3550 and i have the same problem of adjusting the brightness . i have tried your way and the hot key has also started working but the brightness is just reducing 1 bar and not further.

can you help me please???

• Hi sidharth sahoo,

If you have uninstalled and reinstalled the Dell QuickSet utility  and if other hot keys are working normally, then it could be an issue with the video card driver, which is letting you adjust the brightness.

Have you tried updating the graphics card driver? If you haven't  and if you need help in finding the driver, private message me your system Service tag number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

Thank You