need XP drivers for Inspiron N5050

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

need XP drivers for Inspiron N5050

This question is not answered

My brother has a Dell Inspiron N5050. He has a plotter that's a bit older, but doesn't want to part with it because of how much he invested in it. The N5050 has Win7, but the drivers wont work with his plotter.

He went ahead and installed Windows XP Pro SP3. The problem is now greater... driver issues for the following

- VGA Graphics
- Networkcontroller (Wifi)
- Sound Device

I found a workaround for the sound driver, although it appears another sound driver/device is not found (but sound works so it's not a high priority). However the big issue is No Wifi. The Ethernet port works.

The dell website for this laptop only indicates this as a Dell WLAN device of 1701, 1503, or 1501... I scowered the internet looking for this, and could find nothing.

The wifi driver is TOP priority... if anyone else has a solid XP driver for this type of laptop, please share your knowledge. Thank you!

All Replies
  • Hi Roshan,

How can we know using that configuration what driver to be find??? because I tried to look at it and I can't find some..Please help...

• Hi allanvlnt17,

Welcome to the Community,

Which drivers do you need?If you're not sure post a screen shot of the Device Manager.

Did you reinstall the Windows on your system? Which Windows Operating system are you using?

Please post your system model for further help.

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• hi is it possible to let us know the work around for the audio

thanks Carl

• Hi Roshan,

I have Inspiron N5050 and I need XP driver for ETHERNET & NETWORK CONTROLLER. I tried the driver that you posted previously for WIRELESS/BLUETOOTH driver but it doesn't work.

It would be a big help for us because we are using a COMPANY SOFTWARE in XP based.

I have already some of the drivers. For those who need it. These are the drivers i have:

AUDIO: downloads.dell.com/.../R302718.exe

CHIPSET: ftp.us.dell.com/.../R302427.exe

VGA: downloadmirror.intel.com/.../winxp_14469.exe

WEBCAM software: downloads.dell.com/.../Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Best regard,

Allan

• Hi Allan,

Thank you for sharing the driver links.

For Ethernet Controller (LAN) try downloading the XP driver from the Realtek Website :

www.realtek.com.tw/.../downloadsView.aspx

Try from the download links which is for:  WinXP and WinServer 2003 Driver 5.794 20 12/5/22.

And for the NETWORK CONTROLLER it depends on the wireless card,which came along with the system.If you know which wireless card it came with,please post the wireless card  and I will see if can help you find the XP driver.

Thank You

• Hi dougys69,

Try the Audio driver posted by  allanvlnt17.

• Hi Roshan,

Thank you very much. Regarding the NETWORK CONTROLLER I am lucky that i found already the driver.

NETWORK CONTROLLER: ftp.us.dell.com/.../R305428.exe

I hope it can help to others.

Regards,

Allan

• Hi there!

I am in a similar situation. I have a Dell Inspiron N5050. I need to use VB6. Hence I have installed Win XP Pro SP3.

Following functionality is missing:

1)audio:On powering up, stacsv.exe gives error and fails to startup. In Device manager-> Sound, video and game controller-> IDT High Definition Audio CODEC-> Properties-> General tab-> Device status: "This device can not start. (Code 10)"

2)webcam: how do I check if this is working. In Device manager-> Imaging devices-> USB video device-> Properties-> General tab-> Device status: "This device is working properly." I guess this device is the webcam. Is that right?

3)bluetooth: this is not working. I do not know what device this is listed as in the Device manager.

4)In Device manager-> ?Other devices-> ?USB device-> General tab-> Device status: No drivers are installed for this device. Do not know what device is this.

5)after going into standby mode, it does not awake. The screen remains powered off even if I press the power key or any other key. I have to shut down by keeping the power key pressed and  I end up losing all my work. Any thoughts about this?

Also, when I went to Dell support page and entered the service tag, it did not show information under Original and Current configuration. Why?

Please give me some pointers.

Thanks and regards,

-Mohan Dedhe

• i have windows xp PAck3

i have probleme with sound devices IDT haigt definition audio codec.

when i install drivers found like Audio_IDT_W7_A03_Setup-8H18M_ZPE or R302718 it begin but when excute process in the end of install it make error

can you help plase

• please  have  dell inspiron n5050  cpu intel seleron 1.6 dual,  and i have not  audio drivers for windows xp 32 bit, pleasee, only adio driver, i have not this driver, windows 7 i dont like :( , pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Hi  alekoalexa,

Windows XP drivers are not available for download for this system model.Only Windows 7 and Windows 8 drivers are available on the support website.

However you may try the XP Audio driver posted by User  allanvlnt17 in the post above : downloads.dell.com/.../R302718.exe

Thank You

• allanvlnt17  -s driver Not working, its error    my dell its inspiron n5050 servise tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed as per privacy policy>, only audio driver,    vga,  wi-fi, chipset and webcam drivers i have from driver pack, ouu:(

• This is the XP Audio Driver for the system: http://ftp.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/inspiron-15-intel-n5050-all.html#Audio 

Did you install the Drivers in the correct order? Audio problems are common on Windows XP with Dell Systems if the Drivers aren't installed in the correct order.

i.e. Chipset, Video, Communications (if applicable) before Audio.

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• domerdel

My brother has a Dell Inspiron N5050. He has a plotter that's a bit older, but doesn't want to part with it because of how much he invested in it. The N5050 has Win7, but the drivers wont work with his plotter.

He went ahead and installed Windows XP Pro SP3. The problem is now greater... driver issues for the following

- VGA Graphics
    - Networkcontroller (Wifi)
    - Sound Device

I found a workaround for the sound driver, although it appears another sound driver/device is not found (but sound works so it's not a high priority). However the big issue is No Wifi. The Ethernet port works.

The dell website for this laptop only indicates this as a Dell WLAN device of 1701, 1503, or 1501... I scowered the internet looking for this, and could find nothing.

The wifi driver is TOP priority... if anyone else has a solid XP driver for this type of laptop, please share your knowledge. Thank you!

• Hi Bgreatheart,

Welcome to the Community,

If you're looking for Windows XP compatible driver for Dell Wireless 1701 802.11 b/g/n  try this driver below :

www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

Note:It is from a different system model (Vostro Notebook V130),it may work on your system.

Hope this helps,

Thank You