need XP drivers for Inspiron N5050

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

need XP drivers for Inspiron N5050

This question is not answered

My brother has a Dell Inspiron N5050. He has a plotter that's a bit older, but doesn't want to part with it because of how much he invested in it. The N5050 has Win7, but the drivers wont work with his plotter.

He went ahead and installed Windows XP Pro SP3. The problem is now greater... driver issues for the following

- VGA Graphics
- Networkcontroller (Wifi)
- Sound Device

I found a workaround for the sound driver, although it appears another sound driver/device is not found (but sound works so it's not a high priority). However the big issue is No Wifi. The Ethernet port works.

The dell website for this laptop only indicates this as a Dell WLAN device of 1701, 1503, or 1501... I scowered the internet looking for this, and could find nothing.

The wifi driver is TOP priority... if anyone else has a solid XP driver for this type of laptop, please share your knowledge. Thank you!

All Replies
  • I found the driver at: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?c=&l=&s=&cs=&DriverId=R297121

It's not small at 116Mb, but it worked.

Good luck

Alastair

• hi is it possible to let us know the work around for the audio

thanks Carl

• Hi there!

I am in a similar situation. I have a Dell Inspiron N5050. I need to use VB6. Hence I have installed Win XP Pro SP3.

Following functionality is missing:

1)audio:On powering up, stacsv.exe gives error and fails to startup. In Device manager-> Sound, video and game controller-> IDT High Definition Audio CODEC-> Properties-> General tab-> Device status: "This device can not start. (Code 10)"

2)webcam: how do I check if this is working. In Device manager-> Imaging devices-> USB video device-> Properties-> General tab-> Device status: "This device is working properly." I guess this device is the webcam. Is that right?

3)bluetooth: this is not working. I do not know what device this is listed as in the Device manager.

4)In Device manager-> ?Other devices-> ?USB device-> General tab-> Device status: No drivers are installed for this device. Do not know what device is this.

5)after going into standby mode, it does not awake. The screen remains powered off even if I press the power key or any other key. I have to shut down by keeping the power key pressed and  I end up losing all my work. Any thoughts about this?

Also, when I went to Dell support page and entered the service tag, it did not show information under Original and Current configuration. Why?

Please give me some pointers.

Thanks and regards,

-Mohan Dedhe

• domerdel

My brother has a Dell Inspiron N5050. He has a plotter that's a bit older, but doesn't want to part with it because of how much he invested in it. The N5050 has Win7, but the drivers wont work with his plotter.

He went ahead and installed Windows XP Pro SP3. The problem is now greater... driver issues for the following

- VGA Graphics
    - Networkcontroller (Wifi)
    - Sound Device

I found a workaround for the sound driver, although it appears another sound driver/device is not found (but sound works so it's not a high priority). However the big issue is No Wifi. The Ethernet port works.

The dell website for this laptop only indicates this as a Dell WLAN device of 1701, 1503, or 1501... I scowered the internet looking for this, and could find nothing.

The wifi driver is TOP priority... if anyone else has a solid XP driver for this type of laptop, please share your knowledge. Thank you!

• AUDIO: downloads.dell.com/.../R302718.exe this driver not working, it making error 10

Ewerything was made like menshind beforehand,no way,no one of dell drivers work,but after few days of work

We found a decision with dell n5050 sound driver http://www.trucktest.ru/dell_n5050.htm

All the rest can be found easy... 

• all delle n5050 drivers