Studio 1735 fan issue- any updates?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Studio 1735 fan issue- any updates?

This question is not answered

Does installing the newer bios A05 resolve that case or i still have to install the custom made program, bypass driver signing to get fan to stop?

Case is similar like any other, even is cpu load is 0% for half an hour, fan stays at low rpm, speedfan shows temperature in med 30 degrees, which is very cool, compared to my old Thinkpad, which ran at 55 with no fan.

Thanks.

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the community.

Please install AO5 BIOS from support.dell.com check this link out  http://dell.to/xMrSVC download and run it, make sure your AC adapter and battery is connected.

Hope this helps, feel free to reply back or you can add me as a friend and send me a message.

Glad to help,

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• Im sorry, i already have the latest update, but even the changelog says nothing about the fan....so system hacking it is?

• Sounds like a hardware issue, either motherboard or system fan failure. Do you have an active warranty? Feel free to add me as a friend and send a private message with your service tag. (Do not post your service tag in the thread for privacy purposes)

Thank you,

• This is a common problem with that series of Dell laptops, i dont think that replacing any piece of hardware will do the trick, regardless the machine was bought in 2008 and has no warranty.

I just wondered, do i have to use the workaround which has been made by the community (im talking about "i8kfangui")  or there is any other way to remove the fan problem.

• I see that it is out of warranty :(

Regarding the utility I saw some blogs about it, most of the user resolved their issues with this special tool, but not everybody. So for now, I cant give you an answer. I will take a look on this tool, and investigate further about your problem.

Regards,

• Hi,

The i8kfangui tool is not supported by DELL. This is a 3rd party tool that manages Thermal management of the computer. I suggest not to use it to your system. I believe that if you download this utility there will be a disclaimer. Please read carefully before downloading or installing it. Again we don't recommend and support this tool.

Regards,

• i8kfangui is a great program for the notebooks that have been tested with it.  Unfortunately, the last update was in February 2007.  Your notebook is not on the list of supported notebooks.  Based on this, I would not recommend it for you.

• But it seems to be the only way, because Dell has officially ignored the requests for bios update to resolve the fan issue, so there is no other response than to "buy another model", but that's typical corporate answer and im by no means surprised. I also experiences this with HP Pavilion series.

The program itself  does it tasks correctly on Studio (fans switch immediately off when temp is low), but now, main problem is, that if i let this to conf thermal management, cpu usage rises to 100% and mouse starts stuttering, so something in config must be off.