Factory Reset

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Factory Reset

This question is not answered

Hi, I know this is the hardware section but the only other sections are audio and video and the problem doesn't apply to those. I have an n4110 laptop and I performed a factory image reset through the recommended steps. f8>advanced>datasafe>factory image and then it goes through its process. My problem is that after the factory reset I restarted my laptop and it goes to start windows normally or launch startup repair screen. launching normally flashes a couple screen but ends up at the choice again. The repair screen says it cannot repair this computer automatically. Upon viewing the diagnostic and repair details all of the tests performed completed successfully, but it does say "Root cause found: Failure while setup is in progress." Just looking for some help.

Thanks

All Replies
  • Hi Dustin K.

Welcome to the Community. Start by running a diagnostics on your hard drive to check if its fine. Press the F12 key at the Dell Logo, select Diagnostics and run an extended diagnostics on your computer. Post back with any error codes.

If this diagnostics pass, then try and do a Factory Restore again. If it still fails you will need to manually reinstall the Operating system using the Windows disc.

support.dell.com/.../document

After manually reinstalling Windows, read the below link on how to install drivers in the correct order.

support.dell.com/.../document

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

• I did a diagnostics test after reading around and saw that some people had fried HDDs, mine checked out fine. Already tried the Factory restore again. The inspiron laptops don't come with any discs so what should I do?

• I requested a set of backup discs from the online support section.