Forums

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Wireless not working

This question is not answered

Super Angry I have a Dell Latitude D630 with windows XP. I reloaded the OS and reloaded audio, video, wireless drivers,etc. My wireless was working before I reloaded the OS but now it's not. Everything else seems ok. It says there is no driver installed for the network controller and I can't get the wireless configuration utility to open up. Somebody please help. I'm ready to throw the computer out of the window!

All Replies
  • TinaC68,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the notebook system utility and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Yes, I did the system utility first, then the chipset, then other drivers such as the wireless and the audio. The wireless is the only one that is not working as far as I can tell.

• TinaC68,

Try running an ipconfig /all log and post the information back here.

Did you try running WinSock XP Fix?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• No, I didn't try running Win Sock XP fix. I will try that right now, then I will try the ipconfig/all and report back. Thank you.