Scroll on my Inspiron N5010 touchpad? How do I get it?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Scroll on my Inspiron N5010 touchpad? How do I get it?

This question is not answered

How can I have scroll on my Inspiron N010 touchpad? All I find on drivers page is for Synaptics keybords and I dont know if this is good and solve  my problem...Can anyone give some infos or a link to a driver suitable? Thank you very much!

All Replies
  • ciprianciobanu,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

The syaptics touchapd driver below is for the touchpad

Snyaptics Touchpad

1 finger Scrolling: You can scroll vertically and horizontally.

Click on the window or item you wish to scroll and slide your finger upwards or downwards along the right edge of the TouchPad to scroll vertically. Slide your finger to the left or right along the lower edge of the TouchPad to scroll horizontally.

If scrolling does not respond, ensure that the appropriate check box is selected and that the window or item on which you have clicked is scrollable. If you still have problems, check your Scrolling Region settings.

2 Finger Scrolling:The Two-Finger scrolling gesture allows you to scroll vertically or horizontally and initiate scrolling from anywhere on the TouchPad surface. Simply place two fingers down on the TouchPad and then slide them in the desired direction. You do not need to be in the scrolling region to scroll.

To use Two-Finger Scrolling:

Place two fingers down on the TouchPad surface. The fingers should be slightly separated.

Using a straight continuous motion, slide both fingers in the desired direction.

Lift both fingers up off the TouchPad surface to stop scrolling.

The Pinch Zoom gesture delivers zooming functionality in many applications. You can use the Pinch Zoom gesture to perform the same functions that a scroll wheel performs on standard Windows applications that support CTRL+Scroll Wheel zoom functionality.

To enable this feature, select the Enable Pinch Zoom check box. To use a Pinch Zoom gesture:

Place two fingers down to the TouchPad surface.

Slide the fingers further apart to zoom in or slide the fingers closer together to zoom out. For the best zooming experience, use the tips of your fingers.

The Rotate feature allows the user to rotate photos and other items in 90-degree increments with one, smooth, circular motion. Support for both right and left handed operation. To use a Rotate gesture:

Place two separated fingers on the TouchPad. Retain one finger in fixed position, and move other finger in an arching motion while maintaining uniform finger separation.

Left arching motion initiates left rotation. Right arching motion initiates right rotation. Gesture ends when both fingers are lifted from TouchPad.

The My Favorites Application provides a shortcut for launching a specified application.

To enable this feature, select the Enable My Favorites gesture check box. To customize the applications that launch, click the Configure button. To use this gesture:

Place three fingers down on the TouchPad surface. Ensure that there is a small gap between the fingers.

Hold your fingers still until the application begins to launch.

Lift your fingers up off the TouchPad surface.

The Flick gesture enhances navigation for a variety of applications. You can use the Flick gesture for browsing the Internet or scrolling through photos in a photo viewer window. You can also use the Flick gesture to enter or exit slideshow mode.

To enable this feature, select the Enable Flick check box. To use the Flick gesture for navigation:

Place three fingers down on the TouchPad surface. Ensure that there is a small gap between the fingers.

Flick your fingers in a linear continuous motion in the desired direction, moving from one side of the TouchPad to the opposite side.

Horizontal finger motion, sliding your fingers to the right or left pane move the page forwards or backwards in a photo viewer or an Internet browser window.

To use the Flick gesture for slideshow mode:

Slide your fingers upwards to launch slideshow mode.

Slide your fingers downwards to exit slideshow mode.;

When you place your finger on the TouchPad, arrows appear along the edge of the TouchPad diagram to show you your finger’s position. If your finger is in an active scrolling region on the TouchPad, the corresponding scrolling area on the diagram will turn a solid color. You can make the scrolling regions larger or smaller by dragging one of the small black squares on the edge of the cross-hatched area.

If you have difficulty triggering scrolling, try making the scrolling region larger by moving the edges of the cross-hatched area inward. If you find that scrolling triggers too easily, try making the scrolling region smaller.

If the scrolling regions are gray and cannot be adjusted, ensure that the scrolling feature is enabled. To enable scrolling:

Select Scrolling in the menu tree to the left.

Select the desired method of scrolling, and enable vertical or horizontal scrolling.

#iwork4Dell

• Wow thanks DELL-Jesse L. I've had my XPS L502x for two weeks and had to use the touch pad a couple of days ago when my mouse gave up..

I couldn't get the scroll to work at all and have raised a ticket via online support..(that has gone unanswered and also the chase ticket!)

I have just followed your suggestion of having the 2 fingers slightly apart and it works. How simple... It's a pity the handbook doesn't say the same.

THANK YOU!!!

• It didn't work. I tried all your suggestions. I don't know what to do anymore. Thank you anyway. The guies from the sore where I bought the computer told me when I purchesed it, that I have to find the proper driver. i tried with that from synaptics and didn't work. Sorry.