Dell Inspiron N4010 Wireless network driver not installing

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron N4010 Wireless network driver not installing

This question is not answered

I've purchased dell inspiron 14R laptop with windows 7 home basic OS 3 months ago, i'm not able to find a suitable driver for my laptop i've downloaded the drivers from dell website,while i install it there's an error message describing that "this driver is not supported by your operating system. could anyone give me the solution to resolve my problem.....

thanks....

All Replies
  • viswa46,

Things to look at to see if the Connection enabled

When you run Finding System Information remove your product ID what do you see under network adapters?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• i have run a system info and i saw this under network adapters could u help me with this???

Network Card(s):           2 NIC(s) Installed.

[01]: Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

Connection Name: Local Area Connection

DHCP Enabled:    Yes

DHCP Server:     255.255.255.255

IP address(es)

[01]: 169.254.60.142

[02]: fe80::719a:aa55:a3a6:3c8e

[02]: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Connection Name: Bluetooth Network Connection

• viswa46,

I am not seeing your wireless card in the list. Did you recently reinstall the operating system? If so, how?

If not, the wireless card may have come loose. Try looking at the instructions HERE. Take the wireless adapter out and reseat it, soo if it helps.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• I've purchased dell inspiron n4010 laptop with DOS op.system one days before. When iam installing  windows 7 64 bit operating system( downloaded the drivers from dell website) all of the drivers are working, except the wireless network.  .   Is it possible can you send the correct driver for wireless network card or help me to solve the problem.

thanks....

<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed from Tags per privacy policy>

• karukappadath,

Try reading...

How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Check this!!!

hey i had the same problem while installing Dell Wireless WLAN driver...But i figured it out why does it happens...You need to install the correct chipset and the correct driver. If the chipset is of lower version and the graphics, audio and wireless driver is of higher version, it occurs. So the best solution is try installing the latest chipset. Hope this will help you coz it helped me !!!

Good Luck

• Check this!!!

hey i had the same problem while installing Dell Wireless WLAN driver...But i figured it out why does it happens...You need to install the correct chipset and the correct driver. If the chipset is of lower version and the graphics, audio and wireless driver is of higher version, it occurs. So the best solution is try installing the latest chipset. Hope this will help you coz it helped me !!!

Good Luck

• bluetooth iis not working with inspiron n4010 window7 64bit