Inspiron 11z power problem and battery won't come out

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Inspiron 11z power problem and battery won't come out

This question is not answered

I hit the power button on my 1.5 year old Inspiron 11z (6 months out of warranty), got repeated beeping and a blank screen. I then held down power button for 10 sec in an attempt to shut it down.  Now all I have is a blank screen, the power indicator button remains on (light blue) and has been on for 2+ days now. Computer is unrepsonsive to power button. Blank screen, no whirling or indication is on other than power indicator on, and unresponsive to any push of any buttons.  I thought I'd take battery out and reset it, but after pushing the two (battery lock) latches out I cannot get the battery out. I don't want to force it out with a screwdriver, I 've applied enough force already.   Anyone ever experience either of these problems?

All Replies
  • Hi Rayp1958,

Welcome to the Community. After pushing the latches just give the top of the laptop a tap, with the battery facing down, do it on a table or a soft surface. If the battery comes out, disconnect the ac adapter and press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds. Connect only ac power and check if it powers on.

If your still getting those beep codes, I suggest you reseat the memory, hard drive, wireless card on your system, use the below link for help.

support.dell.com/.../index.htm

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan