Please connect a dell 65w AC adapter or greater for best system performance

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Please connect a dell 65w AC adapter or greater for best system performance

This question is not answered

i Need an answer for a big problem in my Laptop : My Laptop is Dell studio 1535 core 2 Duo and the problem is : While i am connecting to my laptop i have this message: Please connect a dell 65w AC adapter or greater for best system performance When i connect my laptop with the adapter with taking my battery out, the laptop is working. Please i need a solution for this problem

All Replies
  •  

I would suggest a 130w  PA-13 or 150W PA-15.

65W is too small.

The 150 Watt AC Adapter from Dell is specially designed to meet the power needs of your Dell laptop. It enables you to operate your system and simultaneously charge its battery from electrical power outlets. Packed with 150 Watts of power, this lightweight and easy-to-carry plug adapter proves to be an optimized portable power source wherever you are - at home, in office or on the road. It comes bundled with 3.28 ft power cord and 3 prong wall plug. This product has been tested and validated on Dell systems. It is supported by Dell Technical Support when used with a Dell system.

90W would be bare minimum recommendation

Dell
    Dell 130-Watt 3-Prong AC Adapter with 6.56 ft Power Cord for Select Dell Inspiron / Latitude / Studio / XPS Laptops / Precision Mobile WorkStations
    Usually Ships Within 24 Hours
    Manufacturer Part# D232H
    Dell Part# 330-1830

Dell
    90-Watt 3-Prong Slim AC Adapter with 6.56 ft Power Cord for Select Dell Inspiron / Latitude / Studio / Vostro / XPS Laptops / Precision Mobile WorkStations
    Manufacturer Part# C120H
    Dell Part# 330-4113
    Dell
    150 Watt 3 Prong AC Adapter with 3.28 ft Power Cord for Dell Alienware M15x / Alienware M17x / Inspiron M5030 / XPS 14 (L401X) / XPS 15 (L501X) Laptops
    Manufacturer Part# N426P
    Dell Part# 330-5829
    Cables Included: 1 x power cable - 3.3 ft
    Power Provided: 150 Watt

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• Thank you but i want to inform that this adapter is 65W and it is the original adapter which i bought it with my laptop 2 years ago, And i think it is not the adapter problem because my laptop work well but without charging my battery

• I have many years experience with this issue and I agree that the adaptor is likely bad.  I suggest getting a 150w  PA-15 adaptor to solve the Issue. It enables you to operate your system and simultaneously charge its battery from electrical power outlets. Getting a NON DELL Adapter will run the laptop but will REFUSE to charge the battery EVER.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.