Vostro 3750 with Win7 64bit: how to use fingerprint login?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Vostro 3750 with Win7 64bit: how to use fingerprint login?

This question is answered

Hi,

I have Vostro 3750 with installed Win7 Home Premium 64bit. I have installed all drivers from Dell Support page + Validity Sensor Driver - all seems to be installed correctly.

So, i'd like to start using fingerprint login to win7 but I completely dont know how to start. I suppose there is third party software needed but can't figure it out what it is.

Any suggestions welcome :) 

slawek

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

I resolved this issue with installind of this software from sensor manufacturer:  

www.validityinc.com/post.aspx

You need also to have installed in advance Validity sensor drivers from Dell web portal.

I hope it will help you :)

All Replies
  • Go to UPEK and download the software.

Welcome To UPEK - Support - Downloads

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here:

Dell - Unresolved Customer Service Issues

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating.

• I installed "windows drivers for UPEK fingerprint sensor - ver.2.19c" and then "Protector Suite 2011" but Protector Suite says "cannot find fingerprint sensor device".

Unfortunatelly the fingerprint sensor device is recognized by windows and in Device Manager it is visible as "Validiti Sensor" - driver provided by Validity Sensors, Inc. (downloaded from Dell support site).

What's wrong?

• Hey strybus! :)

Did you find any solution on this topic? Im having exactly the same issues here...

• Hi,

I resolved this issue with installind of this software from sensor manufacturer:  

www.validityinc.com/post.aspx

You need also to have installed in advance Validity sensor drivers from Dell web portal.

I hope it will help you :)

• Hi, Your suggestion was 100% in point! Thank you very much.

Slawek

• Thanks alot dear. :)

• Hy, i have install the software but my sensor doesn't work. I can't see the software executable and i don't know how to start finger print reader.

• Hi,

I am also having the same issue. But unfortunately the site: www.validityinc.com/post.aspx seems to be not working.

• Hi all,

Others who might be having this problem please refer to the following thread. It fixed my issue:

en.community.dell.com/.../20372665.aspx