Dell Inspiron E1505 (also known as Dell Inspiron 6400) will not turn on.

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Inspiron E1505 (also known as Dell Inspiron 6400) will not turn on.

This question is not answered

After a freeze I held down the power button to turn off my Dell Inspiron E1505/6400, but when I tried to restart nothing would come on except the three led lights Num lock, Caps Lock, and Scroll Lock.  The Num Lock stayed on and the other two blinked approximately 44 times then all leds went out.  I have already tried removing the battery then holding down the power button for 30 seconds and also reseating the RAM chips, but still got the same thing.  I can't find a comprehensive list of Dell's led error codes anywhere.  Can somebody please help?

All Replies
  • That's a memory error.  Try reseating (remove and reinstall) both memory modules.  If that doesn't work, try each module by itself, in both sockets until you isolate the bad module or socket.

http://www.bay-wolf.com/portpostcodes.htm

• Tried all of that.  Still get the same thing.

• The odds of two memory modules being bad are low enough that the most likely cause is a bad mainboard.

• Thank you for your help and the link to the flash codes.  I'd like to be able to confirm it's the motherboard before buying a new one.  Does anyone have any sugesstions?

• Try at least one new memory module -- if that doesn't solve the problem, then it's the system board.