Can 15 Pin VGA Port Connect to the TV

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Can 15 Pin VGA Port Connect to the TV

This question is not answered

I have Dell Inspiron 15 1545 with Intel Pentium T4300 2.1GHz, 4GB DDR2, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6" XGA, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Black.

I also have VGA Port in this Laptop but no HDMI. I want to connect my Laptop to TV with the help of "SVGA VGA to TV Cord RCA AV 3 Adapter Computer Cable", but for this it has one prerequest, "display system must support component video (Y, Pr, Pb) signal output function in order for the image to display properly. ".

Please suggest that my VGA port will support this VGA to RCA adapter or not as well as can I also listen Audio with the help of the same cable.

All Replies
  • The cord is useless.

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• How  can be u so sure???

• because VGA signal is not the same as composite video signal

because VGA signal is not the same as component video signal

because VGA signal is not the same as DVI video signal

because VGA signal is not the same as HDMI video signal

if you don't believe me, buy that cord; it's not my money

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• Thanks.... Just wanted to know the reason :)

• You need a VGA converter box - not just a cable. As noted, the cable alone won't do the job.

In addition, you'll need to make an audio connection to the TV - the VGA connection does not carry audio.

• My SONY HDTV has a PC port with a 15 pin VGA connector that I connect to the 15 pin VGA connector on my Insprion 1525 laptop.  By selecting the PC port on the SONY set up my 1525 laptop then displays on the SONY TV along with the laptop display.  Hope this helps.

• That's a different situation - some TVs are indeed set up to function as computer monitors.  However, the first post refers to trying a VGA to S-video or composite cable - meaning the TV doesn't have a VGA input.  That's a different situation that cannot be addressed by using a cable alone.