Dell Support Center Error in Loading DLL

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Support Center Error in Loading DLL

This question is not answered

I have just received my new Inspiron 1764, and I am now up and running with O2 broadband, but the following alert has started to appear over the Windows Desktop as Windows is loading.

An error has occurred in the script on this page

Line 30

Char 3

Error Error in loading DLL

Code 0

URL

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Dell%20Support%20Center/sscommon/common/inc/ss_shellinclude.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes No

Everything works if I click Yes.  This message appears to come from the Dell support software. How do I get rid of it?

All Replies
  • I am also getting this message, anyone know where it is coming from?

Thanks

Bill

• I phoned Dell technical support and the lady remotely unchecked a box to stop something (which she said was not important) running for me, which fixed the problem.  I do not know what it was that she unchecked.  I wonder what other unimportant programs are consuming resources!  When I posted  the message I did not realise that I had remote support for 30 days.  It is not that easy to find on the website.

• So, I'm having this exact thing happen on a Inspiron running IE7 right after startup...  Can anyone help?

• no answer, so I UNINSTALLED" Dell support center" and that took care of this : )  Yeay for me...